Veneers For a Brighter Smile
Are you seeking a smile you deserve? Porcelain veneers are a natural-looking solution to correct imperfections in your teeth.
If your front teeth have been chipped, cracked, or damaged, are permanently stained or spaced improperly, or are crooked or misshaped, our dentists can advise you on whether veneers are the right approach for your smile goals. Our on-site dental lab creates high-quality veneers to help you achieve your smile sooner.
Call us today!
What Are Veneers?
Veneers are thin porcelain shells securely bonded to the front of your teeth, enhancing their appearance if they’re damaged, misshapen, or discoloured.
Veneers are a great option for your smile and are worth considering if cosmetic dental bonding isn’t the right choice for your tooth.
How Are Porcelain Veneers Applied?
Getting a porcelain veneer involves minimal discomfort. It’s usually accomplished in just two visits.
First, the original tooth is shaped to allow for the thickness of the veneer. Then a mold is made and a colour is selected.
At your next appointment, your dentist will ensure the veneers are the right shade and shape for your smile. If all is well, they will thoroughly clean your teeth to ensure no bacteria is allowed to remain once the veneers are applied.
Your dentist will create a rough surface on your tooth for the veneer to adhere to, then they’ll be applied with bonding cement and hardened with a UV light. Within about 2 hours of the start of your appointment, you’ll be ready to leave with your new smile.
Who Is a Candidate for Veneers?
Our patient-centred approach to dental care means we always make recommendations based on your unique oral health needs.
In some cases, veneers might not be suitable for you (we may suggest cosmetic bonding instead), or you might require additional care.
You might not be an ideal candidate for veneers if:
- You have untreated periodontal (gum) disease.
- You have tooth decay.
- The tooth doesn’t have enough enamel left.
- You grind your teeth, which can cause veneers to chip or crack.
Caring For Your Veneers
After any anesthetic in your procedure has worn off, you’ll be ready to eat and drink as normal. Over the 10–15 year lifespan of your veneers, there are a few good habits that will keep them in great shape for as long as possible. We always recommend:
- Brushing and flossing regularly.
- Not chewing on hard objects like ice, popcorn kernels, pens, or your fingernails.
- Not chewing with your front teeth; cut up harder foods to chew with your back teeth when possible.
- Wearing a mouthguard when playing sports.
Our Precision Services
There’s plenty of convenient parking at our location at First Pickering Place.
- Unit 12, 1550 Kingston Rd
- Pickering, ON L1V 1C3
- Monday: 8:00 AM – 8:30 PM
- Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 8:30 PM
- Wednesday: 8:00 AM – 8:30 PM
- Thursday: 8:00 AM – 8:30 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Saturday: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM