Get the Bright Smile You’ve Always Wanted
If you’re looking for a safe and effective teeth whitening regimen, we’ve got just the treatment for you.
At Sheridan Dental, we are dedicated to providing you with a healthy smile you’re proud to show off. If you’re interested in what Opalescence teeth whitening can do for you, book an appointment today.
How Does Opalescence Teeth Whitening Work?
Opalescence is the most studied and tested professional whitening treatment available. It’s a product we’re proud to offer our patients.
To use Opalescence, follow these steps:
- Store unused syringes in the refrigerator, and only bring the one you are using to room temperature
- Load your tray by lining the gel approximately halfway up the front from end to end, using about 1/2 to 1/3 of a syringe per tray
- Insert the tray in your mouth and lightly tap the sides of the tray to spread the gel onto the sides of your teeth
- Wear the tray according to the directions based on whichever concentration of Opalescence gel you’re using
- Remove the tray and use a finger or soft toothbrush to clean any excess gel off your teeth before rinsing your mouth twice
- Clean your whitening tray with a soft toothbrush and cool tap water before storing the tray back in its case
What to Expect After a Teeth a Whitening Treatment
The Opalescence teeth whitening treatment is powerful without being harmful. However, while Opalescence usually delivers a brighter smile in 2-5 weeks, results and side effects can vary from person to person.
Because everyone responds differently to whitening treatments, the rate at which your teeth whiten depends on many individual factors.
If you are using Opalescence, you should know that:
- Some stains are easier to treat than others, while some will not bleach at all
- Whitening treatments may take longer or be less effective with age
- The darker your teeth are, the longer they will take to get lighter
- Fillings, crowns, & veneers won’t bleach but can be replaced to match later on
Opalescence is a science-based and technology-built treatment, meaning it really works. Results are long-lasting and can leave you with a stunning smile that lasts up to 12 months after treatment. However, a few factors like genetics, diet, age, medications, and habits can affect your whitening results.
Luckily, quick and easy touch-ups are always just one call away.
After your whitening treatment, you may notice a few side effects, including:
- Mild gum irritation
- White dehydration spots
- Mild to moderate sensitivity
Although these side effects usually won’t last more than a few days, you can use a mild analgesics such as Tylenol or Ibuprofen until your teeth return to normal.
Maintaining Your White Smile
Whitening will last for varying lengths among patients. To maintain your desired smile, we recommend that you:
- Avoid consuming coffee, tea, soda, red wine, berries, and curries
- Use a straw if you must drink tooth-staining drinks
- Avoid smoking or using any tobacco products
- Rinse your mouth or brush your teeth after eating and- drinking
Our Precision Services
There’s plenty of convenient parking at our location at First Pickering Place.
- Unit 12, 1550 Kingston Rd
- Pickering, ON L1V 1C3
- Monday: 8:00 AM – 8:30 PM
- Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 8:30 PM
- Wednesday: 8:00 AM – 8:30 PM
- Thursday: 8:00 AM – 8:30 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed