Dr. Michael Doumouras
Dr. Michael Doumouras is excited to be joining the caring team at Sheridan Dental and brings a blend of outstanding credentials and focused experience to the team mix.
Originally from Toronto, he returned to Canada after having studied and practiced in the United States for eight years. He earned his dental degree at Tufts University in Boston and continued his training by completing a year-long hospital based residency at Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York City. There, he gained valuable experience in dental implant surgery and restoration and wisdom tooth removal. Dr. Doumouras also helped patients who had a fear of dentistry receive much needed treatment by using IV conscious sedation techniques to comfort them and ease their anxiety.
Following his training, he practiced in the New York/Connecticut area for three years in a modern prosthodontic and family practice in Greenwich, Connecticut. Since returning to the GTA, Dr. Doumouras has been practicing general dentistry in Mississauga and Downtown Toronto. He has recently completed a full year continuing education course on implant dentistry at the University of Toronto Faculty of Dentistry, while also updating his IV sedation training. Dr. Doumouras is now looking forward to serving the needs of our patients.
Dr. Doumouras is a strong believer in the Sheridan Dental philosophy of proving the highest level of care possible and enjoys working with patients to formulate a long-term plan for optimal oral health. His priority is to always provide their care comfortably. Dr. Doumouras has taken additional courses on occlusion, or ‘bite’ issues and esthetic procedures such as white fillings, porcelain restorations and veneers by Pete Dawson and Frank Spear, two of the most respected lecturers in the field. His treatment philosophy always integrated long-term, quality care as the goal.
Degrees & Special Recognition
- Honours BSc Degree in Physiology, University of Western Ontario – 2002
- Doctor of Dental Medicine, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine (Bosoton, USA) – 2006
- General Practice Hospital Residency, Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine (New York City) – 2007
- Dental Implant Surgery and Restoration Training – Dr. Ken Hebel (Prosthodontist) Implant Institute (London, Ontario) – 2011
- Dental Implant Continuing Education Residency – University of Toronto Implant Residency for Practicing Dentists – 2017
- Certificate in IV Moderate Sedation – Montefiore Medical Center (2007) and University of Toronto (2017)
- Certificates in Basic and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (Current)