Get a Healthier Smile with a Root Canal
If your tooth is aching, sensitive, or discoloured, it may be a sign you have a damaged tooth root.
At Sheridan Dental, our dentists may recommend fixing a damaged tooth root with a root canal. Often, root canals are associated with thoughts of scary, invasive procedures, but we’re here to assure you that a root canal procedure is standard and not much different than an average filling.
If you think you may need a root canal, book your appointment today.
What is a Root Canal?
We will always do whatever we can to repair your natural teeth, but if your dentist determines that a root canal is needed, the only alternative is extracting the tooth completely.
What to Expect During a Root Canal Procedure?
Our team will do everything possible to make sure you’re taken care of during a root canal procedure.
To ease any apprehension you may have about the root canal procedure, we’ll take you through the typical steps you’ll experience.
During the Procedure
During a root canal procedure, your dentist will:
- Numb the entire area surrounding your tooth to keep you comfortable
- Create a small opening & remove the infection from your tooth
- Disinfect and rinse the inside of your infected tooth
- Fill and seal your tooth to prevent further infection
- Fit your tooth with a dental crown to preserve the tooth
After the Procedure
After your root canal, you may experience slight discomfort as the numbing wears off. To care for your teeth after a root canal, you should:
- Avoid chewing on the side of your mouth that was treated
- Use antiseptic mouthwash to rinse your mouth
- Limit sweet and sticky foods and opt for softer foods
Once your root canal is completed, we’ll ask you to come back for a follow-up appointment to make sure everything has healed properly.
ROOT CANAL PROCEDURE VIDEO
ROOT CANAL + CROWN
Our Precision Services
There’s plenty of convenient parking at our location at First Pickering Place.
- Unit 12, 1550 Kingston Rd
- Pickering, ON L1V 1C3
- Monday: 8:00 AM – 8:30 PM
- Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 8:30 PM
- Wednesday: 8:00 AM – 8:30 PM
- Thursday: 8:00 AM – 8:30 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Saturday: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM