Get a Healthier Smile with a Root Canal
If your tooth is aching, sensitive, or discoloured, it may be a sign you have a damaged tooth root.
At Sheridan Dental, our dentists may recommend fixing a damaged tooth root with a root canal. Often, root canals are associated with thoughts of scary, invasive procedures, but we’re here to assure you that a root canal procedure is standard and not much different than an average filling.
If you think you may need a root canal, book your appointment today.
What is a Root Canal?
A root canal is a dental procedure that becomes necessary when the soft tissue (or the pulp) inside the tooth becomes damaged.
We will always do whatever we can to repair your natural teeth, but if your dentist determines that a root canal is needed, the only alternative is extracting the tooth completely.
How do I Know if I Need a Root Canal?
If you are suffering from a damaged tooth pulp, you may experience any of the following symptoms:
- Tooth pain
- Tooth sensitivity
- Swollen gums
- Tooth discoloration
- Tooth chips or cracks
What to Expect During a Root Canal Procedure?
Our team will do everything possible to make sure you’re taken care of during a root canal procedure.
To ease any apprehension you may have about the root canal procedure, we’ll take you through the typical steps you’ll experience.
During the Procedure
During a root canal procedure, your dentist will:
- Numb the entire area surrounding your tooth to keep you comfortable
- Create a small opening & remove the infection from your tooth
- Disinfect and rinse the inside of your infected tooth
- Fill and seal your tooth to prevent further infection
- Fit your tooth with a dental crown to preserve the tooth
After the Procedure
After your root canal, you may experience slight discomfort as the numbing wears off. To care for your teeth after a root canal, you should:
- Avoid chewing on the side of your mouth that was treated
- Use antiseptic mouthwash to rinse your mouth
- Limit sweet and sticky foods and opt for softer foods
Once your root canal is completed, we’ll ask you to come back for a follow-up appointment to make sure everything has healed properly.
ROOT CANAL PROCEDURE VIDEO
ROOT CANAL + CROWN
A Smile Awaits You
If you suspect you might need a root canal, please book an appointment with us today.
Our Precision Services
There’s plenty of convenient parking at our location at First Pickering Place.
- Unit 12, 1550 Kingston Rd
- Pickering, ON L1V 1C3
- Monday: 8:00 AM – 8:30 PM
- Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 8:30 PM
- Wednesday: 8:00 AM – 8:30 PM
- Thursday: 8:00 AM – 8:30 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Saturday: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM