Find Relief for Jaw Pain
Are you experiencing pain in your jaw, ear, or teeth? It could be related to your temporomandibular joint (TMJ), but your dentist could help you find relief.
As part of a thorough examination, we can help diagnose your TMJ pain and recommend a holistic treatment plan, including stress management or Botox injections. Book an appointment today and start finding relief for your jaw pain.
Symptoms of TMJ Disorder
Symptoms of temporomandibular disorder (TMD) can range from mild discomfort to more severe, life-affecting concerns. These include:
- Sore, tender jaw muscles, which may be worse when you wake up, eat, or yawn
- Difficulty opening or closing your mouth
- Jaws that lock open or closed
- Neck pain
- Clicking, grinding, or popping when you open your mouth or while chewing
People experiencing these TMD symptoms may also feel additional stress and anxiety because they feel they need to adapt to or avoid social situations while dealing with the pain and limitations of TMD.
What Causes TMJ Disorder?
Stress is a major factor in most cases of TMD. In part, this is because people who are under stress often clench or grind their teeth day and night. These stressed-out individuals might also chew on pencils, fingernails, or gum, contributing to muscle fatigue and pain.
Other causes of TMD include:
How Is TMJ Disorder Treated?
The cause of your TMJ pain can help us create a treatment plan for you. Because of the common link between TMD and stress, we may make recommendations that extend to your broader well-being beyond your oral care.
These could include:
- Relaxation techniques
- Staying away from sticky foods and not chewing gum
- Gentle jaw massage and stretching
Other treatment options might include:
Our Precision Services
There’s plenty of convenient parking at our location at First Pickering Place.
- Unit 12, 1550 Kingston Rd
- Pickering, ON L1V 1C3
- Monday: 8:00 AM – 8:30 PM
- Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 8:30 PM
- Wednesday: 8:00 AM – 8:30 PM
- Thursday: 8:00 AM – 8:30 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Saturday: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM